1) Under Graduate Programmes ( B.Tech ): Duration of these programmes is 4 years. Specializations offered are Bio-Technology (BT), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Civil Engineering (CE), Electronics and Computer Engineering (EC), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) and Mechanical Engineering (ME).
2) Integrated Dual Degree Programmes: Duration of these courses is 5 years. Programmes offered under this system are 1) B.Tech in ME with M.Tech in CAD - CAM 2) B.Tech in CSE / EC with M.Tech in Computer Networks and Security 3) B.Tech in EEE with M.Tech in Power Systems 4) B.Tech in BT with M.Tech in Bio - Technology 5) B.Tech in CE with M.Tech in Structural Engineering 6) B.Tech in ECE/ EC/ EEE with M.Tech in VLSI 7) B.Tech In ME with M.Tech in Thermal Engineering 8) B.Tech in CSE/ ECE/ EC/ EEE with M.Tech in Embedded Systems 9) B.Tech in EEE with M.Tech in Power Electronics 10) B.Tech in BT/ CE/ CSE/ ECE/ EC/ EEE/ ME with M.B.A 11) B.Tech in CE/ CSE/ ECE/ EC/ EEE/ ME with M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
Admission Procedure: Admission to all the B.Tech Programmes will be based on KLUEEE 2012 and other national and state level entrance exams. There are Category A and Category B seats in KLU. For Category A seats, candidates have to appear and qualify in KLUEEE 2012 (KL University Engineering Entrance Examination) OR AIEEE, IIT JEE and EAMCET or its equivalent State Level Engineering Entrance Exams across India. Candidates can download syllabus and model paper orprevious papers of KLUEEE from University website www.kluniversity.in.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants should have passed in 10+2 or its equivalent examination with minimum 60 percent marks Group subjects. Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (MPC) are eligible for all B.Tech programmes and BPC (Biology, Physics and Chemistry) candidates are eligible for B.Tech (Bio Technology) Course only. KL University allots 43 percent of seats based on KLUEEE 2021 ranks, 15 percent seats through AIEEE, Counseling and Interview and another 1 percent of seats based on IIT JEE and State Level Engineering Entrance Examinations (including EAMCET). 2 percent of seats will allotted for candidates with NCC, Sports and Fine Arts and other competency certificate holders. Selected candidates will get education loans from nationalized banks and KL University also offer various merit scholarships and fellowship schemes.
Interested candidates can apply online through KL University website at www.kluniversity.in . Application form can also be obtained in person or by post. Cost of application is Rs. 800. Completed application forms should be sent to The Director, Admissions, KL University, 29-36-38, Museum Road, Governorpet, Vijayawada - 520 002. Following are important dates (tentative):
1) Last date and close of application sale and receipt of filled in application forms: May 2012
2) Issue of Online Admit Cards: May 2012
3) Date of KLUEEE-2012: May 2012
4) Announcement of KLUEEE-2012 Results: 1st Week of June 2012
5) UG (B.Tech) Admission Counseling 2012: 3rd Week of June 2012