Most of the Colleges are offering mainstream branches such as ECE, CSE, EEE, Mechanical and Civil Engineering. Branches like Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering are available at reputed colleges in the district, RVRJC and Bapatla Engineering. Both these colleges are doing better in terms of placements as well. Narasaraopet Engineering Colleges and Vasireddy Venkatadri Institute have potential to excel in the near future. Vigan Engineering College got deemed university status and conducting admissions through its own test called VSAT. Bapatla Engineering College was granted Autonomous status by AICTE in 2010 and also likely to get deemed university status very soon.
It is always better if you prefer good college over branch at the B. Tech level. Imparting quality training does matter a lot in Engineering than branding with a branch. For instance, pursuing ECE branch in a below average college may not fetch a placement. But there are colleges which are providing better placements for Chemical Engineering and Biotech Engineering candidates even students turn down these branches.
Following are some of the Best and better Engineering colleges in Guntur District:
1. RVRJC College of Engineering, Chandramoulipuram, Chowdavaram, Guntur Dist
2. Bapatla Engineering College, Bapatla.
3. Vignan’s Lara Institute of Technology, Vadlamudi
4. Narasaraopet Engineering College, Narasaraopet
5. Chalapathi Institute of Engineering and Technology
6. NRI Institue of Technology
7. Vasireddy Venkatadri Institute of Technology, Guntur
8. College of Engineering and Technology, Acharya Nagarjuna University
9. Sri Chundi Ranganayakulu Engineering College, Chilakaluripet
10. Loyola Institute of Technology and Management, Sattenapalli
EAMCET 2010 Cut Offs for Guntur District Engineering Colleges: