Eligibility for B.E / B.Tech courses: Applicants should have passed in Engineering Diploma with at least 50 percent marks in diploma final year examination. Candidates should have diploma in any of these branches: Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, ECE Engineering, Civil Engineering, EEE, Bio medical engineering, Food Technology, Automobile Engineering, Printing Technology, Special Diploma in Television and sound Technology, Sugar Technology, Packaging Technology, Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Ceramic Technology, Leather technology, Instrumentation engineering. Candidates who have studied B.Sc with Mathematics subject are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for B.Pharma: Applicants should have passed in D Phrama (Diploma in Pharma) with at least 50 percent marks. Candidate with B.Sc degree in Mathematics also can apply. Selection of the candidates will be based on the ranks obtained in ECET 2012 exam only. The examination will consist of objective multiple choice questions. There is no negative mark. Candidates will be admitted in following courses through ECET 2012 rankings:
1) First year B.E./ B.Tech. in University Engineering Colleges.
2) Second year B.E. / B.Tech. (Regular) Courses in private engineering colleges.
3) Second year B.Pharmacy (Regular) Courses in all university colleges and unaided private colleges.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates can obtain application forms along with detailed prospectus from designated branches of Andhra Bank and Main Post Offices in all the districts and also from the office of the Convener, ECET 2012 for Diploma Holders (FDH). Cost of application is Rs. 300. Application may also be downloaded form the website www.jntuk.edu.in OR www.apecet.nic.in .
Important Dates for ECET 2012 (Tentative):
1. Start of sale of applications: First week of February 2012
2. Last date for receipt of applications (without any late fee): April 2012.
3. Last date with a late fee of Rs.500: April 2012.
4. Last date with a late fee of Rs.1000: April 2012.
5. Last date with a late fee of Rs.5000: May 2012.
6. ECET 2012 exam date: 24th May 2012.