Tenth Physical Sciences Model Paper
SSC Public Examination Model Paper - Physical Sciences
PAPER - I PART A and B (English Version)
TIME: 2.30 HOURS - MAX. MARKS: 50
Instructions: 1. Answer the questions under 'Part A' on a separate answer book.
2. Write the answers to the questions under 'Part B' on the question Paper itself and attach it to the answer book of 'Part A'
PART - A (TIME: 2.00 HOURS MARKS: 35)
SECTION - I
1) Answer any five questions, choosing at least Two from each group. 2) Each question carries Two marks. 5 × 2 = 10
Group - A
1. Explain the working of a laundry drier.
2. State and explain Lenz's Law
3. What are isotopes? Give an example
4. Write Newton's law of Universal Gravitation. Calculate the gravitational force on an object of mass 10 kg.
5. What is the shape of 'Ammonia Molecule'? Draw it.
6. Calculate the number of moles of NaOH present in 750 ml of 0.4 m. solution (Molecular weight of NaOH is 40).
7. What is Polymerization?
8. What are the advantages of Hydrogenation of oil?
SECTION - II
Note: 1) Answer any four questions from the following six questions.
2) Each question carries one mark . 4 × 1 = 4
9. Define Byte?
10. What is Radiography?
11. A ball is thrown up and attains a maximum height of 80m. Find its initial speed.
12. How many water molecules are present in Epsom Salt.
13. Mention the names of any two Chromophores.
14. What is Catenation?
SECTION - III
1) Answer any four questions, choosing at least two from each group.
2) Each question carries four marks. 4 × 4 = 16
Group - A
15. Distinguish between Centripetal and Centrifugal forces.
16. Derive the formula the Banking Angle: tanθ = rg
17. What is the Principle of a Nuclear Reactor? how does it work?
18. Describe an experiment to verify Faraday's Second Law of Electrolysis?
19. State the Postulates of Bohr's Model. Write the Defects of Bohr's Model.
20. State the 'Arrhenius Theory of acids and bases'. Write down the limitations of Arrhenius theory.
21. What are the main steps involved in the production of sugar from sugarcane. Mention the important by - product and its use.
22. Explain the formation of triple bond in Nitrogen molecule with the help of a diagram.
SECTION - IV
Note: Answer any one of the following questions. 1 × 5 = 5
23. Draw a neat diagram of Screw gauge showing various parts
24. Draw the Chart showing the manufacture of Alcohol and label its various parts.
PART - B : Time: 30 minutes Marks: 15
Note: 1) Answer all questions.
2) Each question carries 1/2 mark.
3) Candidates must use the capital letters while answering the multiple choice questions.
4) Marks will not be awarded in case of any overwriting or rewriting or erased answers.
I. Write the letter of the correct answer in the brackets provided against each question
1. According to Kepler concept, the orbit of a Planet around the sun is- [ ]
A) Circular B) Elliptical C) Rectangular D) Linear
2. Radio-waves have the wavelengths from- [ ]
A) 1m to 100km B) 10m to 1km C) 1m to 1km D) 1m to 50km
3. A transformer works on the principle of- [ ]
A) Fleming's Right-hand rule B) Lenz's Law C) Mutual induction D) Self-Inductance.
4. In P-type semi-conductors, majority carries are- [ ]
A) Electrons B) Holes C) Ions D) Electrons and holes
5. When a γ - ray is emitted by an unstable atom- [ ]
A) Z increases B) Z decreases C) A increases D) Z and A remain the same
6. [Ne]3s2 is the electronic configuration of- [ ]
A) Be B) Mg C) Ca D) Sr
7. If the pH of a solution is 8, its [H+] is- [ ]
A) log10-8 B) 108 C) 10-8 D) 8
8. Aldoses are - [ ]
A) Polyhydroxy Ketones B) Polyhydroxy aldehydes
C) Polyhydroxy amines D) Polyhydroxy esters
9. Beer is made from- [ ]
A) Barley B) Grapes C) Sugar cane D) Potato
10. Which of the following is a mixed fertilizer- [ ]
A) KCl B) NH4Cl C) KNO3 D) Nitrophosk
II. Fill in the blanks.
11. The symbol of battery is ......
12. Air, Water, Bismuth are examples of ...... magnetic substances
13. Acceleration due to gravity at poles is ......
14. A bulb is connected to a battery of 1.5 v. The resistance of that filament if the current passing through it is 0.15 amp, is ......
15. When two nuclei combine to form a single nucleus, the difference of mass between the former and the later is called ......
16. In a periodic table, the first period has ...... elements
17. The spent cane is called ......
18. Catalyst used in hydrogenation of oils is ......
19. 12 grams of sodium carbonate is present in 120 grams of its aqueous solution. The weight percentage of solution is ......
20. The micro-organism used for fermentation of molasses is ......
III. Match the following.
i) Group A Group B
21. Electric Current [ ] A) Henry
22. Potential difference [ ] B) Ampere
23. Electric resistance [ ] C) Gram/ Coulomb
24. Electrical Inductance [ ] D) Volt
25. Electro-ChemicalEquivalent [ ] E) Ohm
ii) Group A Group B
26. Propane [ ] A) C2H4
27. Butane [ ] B) C6H14
28. Pentane [ ] C) C3H8
29. Hexane [ ] D) C4H10
30. Ethene [ ] E) C5H12